Our Mission:

FRCC Museum & Gallery Studies
Fourth Annual Exhibition

Exploring the evolving definition of sculpture
through objects, conceptual ideas and social media

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake...

It recently came to my attention that one of the project participants had the brilliant idea to involve a cake. Pretty clever...Let them eat cake right? Makes sense, and has some pretty powerful connotations which may or may not be intentional and fits perfectly with the idea of now you see now you don't aspects within the Object, No Object idea for our exhibition.

So are we acting as artists/ curators or it that still TBA? I wanted to work the quantum physics principle that "the very act of observation changes that which is being observed." But am I the artist, curator or the sculptor? I would love to have us act as all... I welcome the opportunity to consider this project from all angles & would like to get others opinions on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment